Use iPad as Additional Monitor for Mac or Windows
This article gives the steps to use an iPad or iPhone as an additional monitor for Mac or Windows system. The solution described in this article requires additional software that is not free. It was $10 when I set this up. The advantage of Duet Display software is it supports both Mac and Windows. Plus, it allows direct connection using USB/Lightning cable. Which gives less latency than the wifi solutions out there.
The following steps are specifically for macOS, but the same idea should apply to Windows.
- macOS 10.13.3
- MacBook Pro 2016
- iPad Pro 10.5 2016
Install Duet Display App on iPad
- Download & Install Duet Display from the Apple App Store on the iPad or iPhone.
Install Duet Display Software on Computer
- Download the Duet Display software for Mac or Windows
- Install & set to run at boot if you wish
- Reboot as needed
- Launch app on computer
- Connect iPad to computer with USB/Lightning cable (Optional - Better Performance)
- Launch app on iPad
- Adjust Display settings to your liking