Setup AWS Simple Notification Service for Cloudwatch Email Alert
This article gives the steps to setup Amazon Web Services Simple Notification Service (SNS). This is for email and SMS communications.
- Login to AWS web console
- Select Services at the top left
- Select Get Started if never been setup
- Select Topics | Create new topic
- Enter Topic name
- Enter Topic description
- Must be 10 or less characters for SMS support.
- Copy Topic ARN
Create Email Subscription
- Select Subscriptions | Create Subscription
- Paste Topic ARN
- Select Protocol | email
- Enter valid email address
- Select Create subscription
Verify Email Address
You should receive a verification email to the address you entered in the subscription. Click the Confirm subscription hyperlink in the email.